So What Should I Blog About?
Posted on 18th May 2016 at 12:19
In one of my previous blogs I suggested that blogging is a good way to get new content into your website, but this can be easier said than done, so here are some tips that may help you.
1. Keep it regular – so before you start blogging be realistic as to how frequently you can blog and then schedule the time into your working week or month. If you know you won’t find time to blog on a weekly basis, then blog on a fortnightly or monthly basis.
2. Be informative – a blog is not about you selling your products and services to your potential client, it should be a case of sharing information, yes you do want to help promote and build your brand, but first you must build trust in your brand with useful and relevant information.
3. Find a good topic – now this can be the hardest part, because your blog post needs to be interesting and relevant to the product or service that you offer, but hints and tips are often a good place to start.
4. I really don’t know what to blog about – if this is the case then perhaps think of another way to add new and relevant content to our website, a news page might be the way for you as this could include industry relevant news, not just news about your business.
5. Share your blogs – when you have posted your blogs on your website, share them on Social Media, with a link through to your website, so that they have to view the full blog there – Google loves Social Media interaction, so by adding your blog to your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn that is 4 safe links to your website, so not only have you added new content, you have added safe links with Social Media = happy Google.
6. Further sharing – ok so you have posted your blog on Social Media, but not all of your contacts will follow you on your Social Media platform, so why not send them an email, also linking back to your website to view the full blog, that’s another safe link to your website and there MailChimp is a great free program for email marketing, it also gives you great feedback on who has opened your email and if they have clicked through to any links – I will write a future blog on MailChimp.
7. Rehash old blogs – if a blog is still relevant then why not re-use it at a later date.
8. Easily allow people to subscribe to receive your blogs – add a form into your website allowing people to sign up, if they do this is a real privilege, they are showing a real interest in what you are saying, so make sure you do email them with any new blog posts that you write, MailChimp also integrates with a lot of website platforms, making it easier for you.
9. Allow people to leave comments on your blogs – feedback is always important.
10. Try and add new blog posts on a new page – the more pages you have the better as far as Google is concerned, you can also add blog specific SEO to the page, rather than having all your blogs on one page, as although this is still adding new content, it can make the webpage look very long.
So good luck blogging and if you are really stuck for a topic, drop me a message with your profession and website and I will send you some suggestions.
So I hope you like it and please feel free to share your thoughts by adding a comment.
So until next time, keep smiling and good luck in your Business or everything that you choose to do.
My Business is Helping Your Business.
Tagged as: Blogging
Share this post: